sometimes i come up with some crazy ideas and when i do, watch out.
earlier in the year i decided i was going to make a living wreath. after seeing many for sale in greenhouses and on the internet for ridiculous prices, i figured i’d give it a shot on my own.
and i found one! all i needed was a pair of pantyhose (thanks mom) a simple wire form, some moss and floral wire.
it took a couple weeks for everything to take root, but i think it’s looking pretty spectacular.
what do you think?
this is the tutorial i used. <---click here for the tutorial.
i would take time to explain it all to you, but why repeat the process when these folks did such a great job. (and while i was making it i was pretty much covered in dirt so taking pictures wasn’t happening!)
i will admit the process looks a bit easier than it actually was … and over the past couple week i did drop the wreath a couple times as it gets super heavy when you water it. but it’s a survivor and has held up through a little bit of everything.
i really do love it.
I used ivy, pansies, potato vine, thyme, and pineapple mint. I think i will try to make one with succulents next year.
over the past week everything really filled in and took root. i can’t wait to see what it looks like in a month! it’s going to be even more beautiful! i’ll be sure to share a picture.