I don’t know about you, but this summer has been a busy one for me. I am thankful, though, because it has meant lots of fun times with my family and friends.
Whenever I head to someone’s house, I always like to bring something with me. Whether it is a big pitcher of sangria, a tray of cupcakes, or another yummy treat, I try not to show up empty-handed.
Although I tend to rely on a few standard recipes, I always keep an eye out for something new. Any recipe that is delicious, easy, and affordable is a winner in my book! If it involves cheese, so much the better!
I’ve found that cheese balls are always popular at parties. They are a tasty snack, and you can get really creative with the ingredients. Since I’m also a big fan of buffalo chicken, I knew that combining the two would be a match made in heaven.
I started off with some delicious, rich, and full-flavor Extra Sharp Cracker Barrel Cheese. When you are making a cheese ball, I’ve learned you need to use really good cheese. And when you can buy award-wining cheese at the grocery store, I’m all about it! Cracker Barrel Cheese is know for it’s rich and full flavor. It really does make this recipe shine as it’s bursting with flavor!
This dish comes together so quickly; you may just want to bring it to every party.
Homemade Buffalo Cheese Ball
Here’s what you will need:
3 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons buffalo sauce (Frank’s Red Hot)
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1½ cup Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
½ cup walnuts (finely chopped)
Let’s get cooking!
In a large bowl, mix blue cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Then, form the mixture into a ball.
Spread out the chopped walnuts on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll the cheese ball in the walnuts. Wrap the plastic wrap around the ball and refrigerate it for at least thirty minutes. Serve with celery and crackers.
That’s it! A delicious, quick, and easy recipe for any get together! Your friends and family will gobble it up. Just be prepared – they may be inviting you to every party from now on.
Okay, enough talk. It’s giveaway time.
$100 Visa Gift Card Giveaway
Since my friends at BlogHer are helping out with this giveaway we are going to do things a little differently that regular IBC Giveaways.
To enter to win a $100 Visa gift card, courtesy of BlogHer, answer the following question in the comments below:
You know I’m always looking for a new go-to party recipe. What’s your favorite?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/8/13 – 10/31/13.
As always, good luck and happy cooking!
And if you have a free minute, take this fun survey all about cheese!
Be sure to check out the Cracker Barrel brand page on BlogHer for more bloggers’ reviews.
Buffalo Cheese Ball
By August 8, 2013Published:
Author: Michael Wurm, Jr. of Inspired by Charm
- 3 tablespoon blue cheese dressing
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons buffalo sauce (Frank's Red Hot)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix blue cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Then, form the mixture into a ball.
- Spread out the chopped walnuts on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll the cheese ball in the walnuts. Wrap the plastic wrap around the ball and refrigerate it for at least thirty minutes. Serve with celery and crackers.